Subject: Re: Image Size
From: Nikola Vukovljak <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Koren <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 17:37:02 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Oct 1994, Steve Koren wrote:

> 
> > Chances are there will be a work around (most likely some type of virtual 
> > memory) sometime in the near future.
> 
> John,
> 
> There is virtual memory available *now*.  Has been for quite a few
> years.  VMM is freeware, and works great with Lightwave.  There are also
> several commercial VM programs which I haven't used but presumably work
> also.
> 
> I hope you didn't mean that Newtek would put virtual memory in Lightwave
> itself.  IMHO, this would be a needless duplication of effort, since the
> existing VM solutions work just fine now, and they could spend that same
> effort improving other things instead of reinventing the wheel (see

Well, I disagree with your statements here. On my system neither VMM nor 
Gigamem work.
VMM has problems due to my graphics card (Piccolo - EGS card), and 
Gigamem doesn't like my 040 (?) - (A4000/040, 14M A4091).

So, right now I would be stuck if I needed VM on my system. 
I have contacted the author of VMM, but he may not be able to help.

Personally, I think that memory intensive software on the Amiga should 
provide a VM solution since the OS doesn't. Otherwise people can get 
problems like the one I am experiencing.

Nik.
[email-masked]